The basic premise of 3SF is to design and provide solid training programs for people who wish to improve their overall fitness.
I provide everything from basic strength training programs to endurance programs for marathons and Ironmans. Our philosophy..."simplicity is effectiveness." There is no over charging, or charging you for things that won't make you faster, stronger, and healthier. Give it a shot..what do you have to lose.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brad is KC Poster Boy!


Here is a great shot of Brad Meara (3SF athlete) with his game face on as he was getting ready for the 2010 Kansas 70.3 race. This shot made the front cover of a Kansas City fitness magazine. I asked Brad to share a few thoughts/tips about triathlon. Read on for some good advise from a Dr., family man, and great triathlete...awesome job Brad!!!

"I certainly have found that not only is triathlon good for me, but it seems to have encouraged others in my family and at work to also get fit. Now, people seek out my advice on their next work out or event. I think it is because they know I can relate to their activities and I can encourage them and give them that push they need to progress to the next level in their training. It's fun to inspire others simply by doing something you enjoy."

"One tip that just occurred to me. Make sure you have good tires, don't overinflate them the night before the race, and feel comfortable that you can change a flat fast. I lost my chance at qualifying for Worlds when I flatted during the bike portion of the race in Augusta , GA. It took 10 minutes to change the tire and an additional 10 minutes to pick up the things I was dropping, clean the rocks out my cleats, and work out the cramps in my legs from the stop. Then, at Kansas 70.3, we were being told to leave transition, I had just taped my spare tube to the seat post, and then discovered my front tire was flat - likely from the hot temps the evening before increasing the pressure in the tube. I was able to change that flat in less than 2-3 minutes due to my experience in Augusta and a little prior instruction from my friend, Luke, on how to change a flat."

"Oh, and by the way, that pic is at the Kansas Ironman 70.3. What you don't see is that I'm looking at the swim and thinking "Wow, that looks like a long swim!" I qualified for World Championships at this race and now I'm looking forward to going to Clearwater in November. But, I'm more excited to watch all three of my children at the Ironkids National Championships in St. Petersburg, FL the first weekend of October. Jack and Claire qualified at the Ironkids event in Carmel, IN this past week and hopefully Ashley will qualify for her second time at the event in Oklahoma City in late August."

No comments: