The basic premise of 3SF is to design and provide solid training programs for people who wish to improve their overall fitness.
I provide everything from basic strength training programs to endurance programs for marathons and Ironmans. Our philosophy..."simplicity is effectiveness." There is no over charging, or charging you for things that won't make you faster, stronger, and healthier. Give it a shot..what do you have to lose.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tour De Toad

Today was a super 50 miles at the Tour De Toad in lovely Conway, AR. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Conway, it is in south central Arkansas about 25 minutes west of Little Rock. Every year we have this great little festival (I say little, but it brings in about 20-30,000 people) called Toad Suck Days.

The festival is filled with events, one which is the Tour De Toad. Today was a great day for the event. We pushed out about 50 miles through the beautiful country side. It was a cool start to the ride, but we had blue skies and a light breeze most of the way. Nate, Kevin, and I rode most of the route together. Nate was hit with a flat early in the ride, at about fifteen miles. Being the old veteran of the trio, I hopped off and helped with the repairs and we were back on the road in about twenty minutes.

Despite a slower pace than usual for me, today really reminded me why I got into this sport so many years ago. It's simply because it makes me feel free. You see God's work clearly...like a perfect painted portrait of a beautiful world. I think to myself, "Heaven must be really good, because this place is pretty hard to beat!" I feel alive! Wind in my hair, air filling my lungs, muscles orchestrating a focused effort...up and down, slow and fast I go. Where I truly end, God only knows. So if you are one of those who "use to ride" or maybe you've considered the sport. Try it! Get back into it! See what you've forgotten, or what you're missing. I promise if you take a look at yourself and find your freedom, the bike and the road will call your name.

Happy riding....

No comments: