The basic premise of 3SF is to design and provide solid training programs for people who wish to improve their overall fitness.
I provide everything from basic strength training programs to endurance programs for marathons and Ironmans. Our philosophy..."simplicity is effectiveness." There is no over charging, or charging you for things that won't make you faster, stronger, and healthier. Give it a shot..what do you have to lose.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree

So you might be wondering why I'm blogging about Christmas after the Christmas season is well behind us. Well the truth is my holiday season is just wrapping up. I had extensive travel over this holiday season, visiting family and friends, and recently returned home. But through all of it, one thing is prominent in my afterthoughts of the 2013 holiday season and that is the Christmas tree.

You see, I am a single dad and spend limited time with my kids. Prior to Christmas, they were visiting and I had the notion that we could put up the tree while they were with me. It was a great moment for them and a glorious one for me. I watched as my eight year old and four year old directed the Christmas tree decoration ceremonies. Now as some of you parents know, and some who don't, these moments create an indelible impression within our memory. Watching my four year old little girl stretch her arm as high as it would reach to place a glimmering ornament on daddy's little imperfect tree, while her slightly older brother acted as the foreman elf, directing the ceremony with exact perfection. I stepped back and watched, and in that moment everything seemed perfect and right. In just a short time the tree was up and decorated quite nicely.

Just this past Wednesday I returned home from our holiday travels. I returned to an empty house. All the presents were gone and it was time to adjust to the New Year. Yet as I turned the corner the Christmas tree remained. So that evening, I turned on some music, made some tea, and turned on the Christmas tree lights one last time. I stood frozen in time, gazing at the tree, and as I slowly starting removing all of the ornaments, I felt a happy sadness (sure...it's an oxymoron..but I like it.) gently settle in. Happy that with the removal of each ornament it brought back wonderful loving memories of all the sweet moments of the holiday season. Sad because dismantling the little tree made me realize that all too often we lose those wonderful little moments a midst the craziness and chaos of our busy lives. In a single solitary moment my Christmas tree made me remember the meaning of life. So gently, and softly I spoke..."Oh Christmas tree...thank you."
                   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these beautifully true feelings. Our Christmas was complete when my 43 year old son and my two grandkids, 8 and 4 years old, spent time around my Christmas tree. I love you son.